Fun experience : walking the Sahara on camelback
The Sahara desert is the third-largest desert in the world. It is characterized by savanna grassland, sand and rocky plateaus. It is also known as The Great Desert. It is located in the North-western part of Africa, stretching from the Red Sea in the east. The desert is 4,800 km long and 1,800 km-wide. Have you ever thought of walking on camelback through the Sahara desert? Here is an insight on this fun experience.
Explore the desert on camelback
The Sahara desert has a fascinating landscape, where coastal plains and dessert can be found. Explore the desert and enjoy the most unforgettable unique experience in your lifetime. In the desert you can explore:
- Scenic landscape featuring sand, rocky plateaus and savanna.
- Fascinating oasis towns
- Vast desert
- Monuments, ancient temples and historical places
What to explore?
- Fayoum Oasis: After your long ride on a camel's back, stop over at Fayoum Oasis, Sahara. Discover the unusual spectacular scenery. It is a great place to unwind from stress and to relax.
- Dakhla Oasis: This is the most fascinating oasis in the Sahara Desert. You will fall in love with the beauty of this oasis. It is such a jewel in the middle of the desert.
- Wadi Al Hitan: The site is a real wonder in the middle of the desert because it is endowed with huge whale skeletons and other sea animal fossils. You will find it awesome to know that this area was once under the ocean.
- Monastery of Saint Paul: You should never miss to visit the Monastery of Saint Paul which was built in a cave. You will be fascinated in the sight and might wonder how monks could live in the desert.
- Temple of Hibis: Have you ever imagined that you would find a temple in the Sahara dessert? The Temple of Hibis is a real fascinating sight to see, with the lush green Kharga Oasis in the background. This Roman Temple was erected to honor the 26th dynasty.
- Temple of Qasr Dush: This temple is another interesting site to explore. It symbolizes the great power of the Roman Empire several years ago. It is a fascinating monument which marked the power of the Roman civilization in many parts of Africa.
- Temple of Ain El Muftella: The site of the temple features many fascinating attractions. The Temple is reminiscent of the 26th dynasty. After exploring the site, you can quench your thirst at the natural springs at the Bahariya Oasis. It is even more delightful to bathe in the spring water. It is so refreshing after a long camel ride.
Travel to Sahara
The Sahara Desert is so vast to explore. In addition, every stopover is an awe-inspiring destination because there is always something to discover. Don't wait until too long before making up your mind and explore the Sahara Desert.
Find a flight to Egypt through the online travel agency Opodo, and set out for the desert. As for your accommodation, the best is also to book online from the Opodo website. Ask for a package tour of the Sahara Desert by contacting Opodo. Come soon!