Discover the filming location of some Star Wars scenes
Star Wars movies are fantastic and awe-inspiring. The setting is quite realistic, and makes you really feel like visiting another world. Unusual architecture and awesome landscapes make Star Wars setting fascinating. Where exactly are Star Wars movies filmed? Are they filmed in the same location? Read and discover the most astounding locations of some Star Wars scenes.
Where are Star Wars movies filmed?
Many subgenres of Star Wars are filmed in Tunisia. Major scenes of Star Wars are filmed in this country which represents the fictional desert planet Tatooine. Here are some of them:
- Ksar Hadada, Ghoumrassen: The series of mud houses are depicted in the first episode of Star Wars as a part of Mos Espa or the slave quarters.
- Matmata: The location was depicted as the Lars homestead. It features in the second and fourth episodes of the Star Wars. It was where the Lars had dinners and where courtyard guns were shot.
- Shubiel Gorge, Sidi Bouhlel: This is depicted as the Tatooine Canyon in the IV episode of Star Wars. The location features in many different scenes of Star Wars. Most attacks during the scenes were filmed at this location.
- La Grande Dune: The sandy landscape is depicted as the desert place in Tatooine. These features in the fourth episode of Star Wars. It is where C-3PO and R2-D2 escaped.
Other scenes of Star Wars were filmed in the United States. Here are some of the filming sites:
- Death Valley National Park: This region figures in many important scenes in the fourth episode of Star Wars. Some parts of the film was shot in the Sand Dunes and in the Golden Canyon. The area is depicted as Tatooine Desert. The scenes filmed at the Death Valley National Park are spliced with other footage shot in Tunisia.
- Buttercup Valley, Yuma Desert: This location depicts the Great Pit of Carkoon which is located outside Tatooine. It figures in the fourth episode of Star Wars. The scenes filmed at this location are mixed with shots from La Grande Dune, Tunisia.
- Del Norte County, California: The forest at Del Norte County depicts the forest on the moon Endor. It figures in the fourth episode of Star Wars.
Several scenes were also filmed in the United Kingdom. Here are some of the major locations:
- Derwentwater, Cumbria: The location features in the seventh episode of Star Wars, and is depicted as the lake in Takodana.
- Elstree Studios: The location features in many episodes of Star Wars, especially from the first to the sixth, with the exception of the second episode.
Still, some scenes are filmed at the Fox Studios in Sydney, Australia, at the Hardangerjokulen Glacier in Norway. Others are set at Rub'al Khali in the United Arab Emirates, at Tikal in Guatemala, at Laamu Atoll in the Maldives, at Wadi Rum in Jordan, and in other countries.
Explore the Star War filming location
Star Wars movies are just so fascinating, and watching the movies is a great opportunity to explore many parts of the world. In order to fully discover the different locations of Star Wars scenes, there is nothing better than visiting the places. Travel to the scenes and explore the places.
Fly with Opodo to any of the Star Wars scenes, and let Opodo organize your tour of your most fascinating scenes inside Star Wars movies. Let Opodo become in charge of arranging your accommodation and flights for an enjoyable exploration.